The Glenbuchat Image Library
No Contributor Year: 201615 Hall artefacts
Glenbuchat Hall and Bothy Artefacts
Above are pictures of some objects retrieved from the Glenbuchat Hall and Bothy.
1. Whist Cards. The cards used to indicate the’ suit which is trumps’ or ‘no trumps’ during the regular whist drives.
2. The paraffin can used to fill up the paraffin heaters in ore-electricity. The late, George Farquharson hall keeper for fifty years, recalled using this can
3. The ‘Lairds Table’. Possibly the table used by the laird or his representative when they collected the rents from the farmers.
4. The ‘Lairds’ chair. Used when collecting the rents.
5. Steel box with GWB ( James William Barclay ) initials, the purchaser of then Glen in 1900. It is assumed that this was a box for estate papers possibly related to all the various rentals.
Picture added on 19 January 2016 at 11:55
This picture is in the following groups