The Glenbuchat Image Library
No Contributor Year: 201178 Cottage at Newton Bothy/Steading
Bothy Cottage at Newton
Modern conversion of the steading and bothy previously part of the Newton Croft
It can bee seen on the map at the road Y junction.
The far end of the steading wher the chimney is located was the site of a typical North East Bothy which housed transient farm workers.
The original steading can be seen by clicking this link. The steading is opposite the house of Eastburn which was built in the early 1900’s
Picture added on 10 August 2011 at 23:07
This picture is in the following groups